Wednesday, January 18, 2006

You know what is a super gross feeling? Seeing someone walk behind their boss, dejected, into a conference room knowing that they're going to get laid off. Especially when you make eye contact with her, and her eyes are already red because she knows why her boss has asked her to follow him because that's what happened to four people yesterday, and another guy this morning. She'll go in that room, learn that she has 3 days of work left and that Friday will be her last, and she'll know that she won't be offered a severance package because she's not really a true employee there anyway, just a contract employee. And that if the mortgage or rent is due in 3 weeks, oh well. It's a horrible, horrible feeling. It's one thing to read about it in the newspaper or even hear others' tell the story about how it happened at their job, but to look into her eyes and see that hopeless glance really made me sad today.

---

So, I love having a blog because it allows me to say things to people without actually having to say it to them. I mostly - like 97% of the time - write things on here for my own memory, for my own amusement, or for your amusement. But sometimes I use it as a means with which to communicate what I don't want to do face-to-face or even blatantly. It's cowardice, but better than nothing. Throwing something out there that would make me nauseous if I sent an email or, God forbid, picked up the phone to say is slightly comforting; the problem therein lies in not getting any feedback, whatsoever. I'm never even positive that the correct audience ever read it. And if he or she did, that he or she knew it was for him or her. Okay fuck this pronoun game.

But I guess it's my own perogative, what I write and why I write it. And now that I've laid down that blogger-diarrhea, and actually didn't disclose anything, I'm out. Maybe I'll get drunk tonight and say some things I'll wish I hadn't. Byeee!

No comments: