Wednesday, December 28, 2005

So you know what makes for a funny-slash-awkward time? When the guy you are sort of dating meets your best friend and her boyfriend for the first time (in addition to the fact that this is the first time you've ever laid eyes on him, too) (your friend's boyfriend, not the guy you are sort of dating, although that would make for a good story too, no?) and the bestfriend's boyfriend - now called BFB - goes to the guy you're kinda-sorta dating "So... you're the infamous (insert name)" like totally out of the blue. Like, ummm, dude, I just met you, let alone this guy, so what exactly do you know about him?? OMG too funny.

ALSO, another funny-slash-awkward time? When you overhear the following conversation, and you happen to kinda-sorta know the guy...

GUY and GIRL in line at the coffee shop, trying to sober up, I assume, just as I am. GUY BEHIND THE COUNTER obviously knows the GIRL, and says to her:
"GIRL, you should have like a calendar for me, with different guys' pictures on it so I can keep them straight."

HELLLLLLLLLO. Awkward! And then GUY goes "Well.... that makes me feel real [sic] good." Cuz seriously, what do you say to that?!?! I tried to make sympathetic eye-contact with him, but I think he avoided it, and rightfully so. I would have done the exact same thing. Except the point where he proceeded to the couch and made out with her anyway, I would have been crying in the bathroom. Subtle differences, not important.

Anyway, so my week off is like 40% over. It's kinda depressing, although it does mean I'm that much closer to a couple of sweet ass vaca's I have lined up. Holla!

Ummm what else? I got Ugg slippers for Christmas, I really think it changed the quality of my life, in all seriousness. Now, I think of time in a much more simple way, much like most of the world uses BC and AD... for me, though, it's more like BUS and AUS, for "Before Ugg Slippers" and "After Ugg Slippers." I've said it before and I'll say it again, they're like a wet dream for your feet.

Chew on that.

No comments: