Sunday, December 18, 2005

Honestly! This will be my last list/post or questionaire/post or whatever it is. I promise. It's the same thing I posted last year.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Took a business trip. (Lame!) It was to Mexico, though, and I flew out there by myself (met up with my co-worker there though) but I officially felt like an adult at that point.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Fuck that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, yet another year in which I know no one who has to deal with hemmeroids and breast pumps.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico, see aforementioned business trip. Kinda borrrrring.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Resolve, attitude, fancy jewelry.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
It's kinda sad, but I don't really have one! I'm running through the months, and nothing's popping out at me. :(

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being employed? Paying off my credit cards... but that goes hand-in-hand with #6 (see: Resolve) as I promptly began charging things again and once again have the cc debt. I'm such a Debbie!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Okay, I guess I got a little ahead of myself, cuz that was a failure. Also, I dropped out of a class I signed up for at the local community college because I "didn't have time to prepare for the class". Such bullshit.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No. I did throw up in a bar once. I felt sick and just knew that I had to ralph, so I lined the floor of the bathroom with a couple of layers of toilet paper, ditto to the toilet, and proped my elbows on the john and puked the last 4 meals up. Nice story!!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Two pair of fabulous pants that make me look like I have a great ass.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

14. Where did most of your money go?
Credit card and student loan payments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Kissing a boy who gives me butterflies.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? indifferent
ii. thinner or fatter? same, i think
iii. richer or poorer? richer, holler at a 401k and salary!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Moping and waxing depression

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In Saginaw with my dad's sister's family

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Kare won this award again in 2005. Although, 9 times out of 10, when my work phone rings, it's Roxanne.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Laguna Beach.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Naw.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Lovely Bones, Lucky, both by Alice Sebold

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Keane, Death Cab for Cutie

28. What did you want and get?
A new winter jacket

29. What did you want and not get?
To buy a house (see how the thing I wanted and got was trivial, and the thing I wanted and did not get is like a Big Thing? My priorities are reeeeeally straight.)

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Before Sunset (first time viewed this year, I'm the judge and I say that is ok even though it's an '04 film)

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Called in sick to work, went and got a massage and lunch at my favorite sandwich shop, where I splurged and got a milkshake. Ummm that's kind of a sad story.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have enjoyed going to work more...

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Accept my size and buy clothes that actually fit well. That, and I'm still all about accessorizing! Holla

34. What kept you sane?
Actually, living with my family...

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gwenyth and Britney, Heath and Zach

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
This whole Capital Punishment thing... I don't get it?

37. Who did you miss?
Allison!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My co-workers... Lori, Cat, Lambros, Bob, Jack, Julie, Luis, Mark, Nick, Ian, Jennifer. They're really cool people.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
It's really important that you like what you do... because if not, 8-5 will go by so fucking slowly it's not even funny. It's not a lesson-LEARNED, per se, as it is a lesson-REALIZED, as I have not yet learned from this situation as I am still in it...

40. Quote a song/movie lyric that sums up your year:

No comments: