Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I fucking hate cliches. I accidentally-on-purpose said one this week, to someone who had just been broken up with, and wanted to kill myself for saying it. What do you say in that situation anyway? She even called me out on it and I felt like a huge ho.

That said, rest assured I have the proverbial spoon shoved down my throat right now when I say with trepidation... "Everything happens for a reason."

Like. I didn't materialize or seriously entertain any notion of working for GE after I graduated from the co-op program (motors and control, anyway). Now, as of Monday, about 85% of the subset that I worked for has been sold, and 2 of the manufacturing plants are being closed. Had I really started the conversation of "Okay, so I want this job here" - which sort of but not really happened - I would be SOL right now. Granted, I still am SOL with no job per se, but at least it's not a shock. It's just my depressing truth.

That was a weak example. Lame of me to use that as a reference. And not at all indicative of how I am really feeling.

Anyway, moving on. Actually, no. I think I'm done here. The nice thing about all of you stalkers here who track every move I make on my computer and which websites I visit and how often and every keystroke I make... is that you can't hack my brain. That's the only shred of dignity I keep with me, so might as well not completely let you know what's going on. Then I would - heaven forbid - actually open myself up and allow myself to become vulnerable to you. We wouldn't want that, now, would we?!

No comments: