Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Raw

I think it should pretty much be illegal to eat any sort of raw onion at any point during the work day. This includes, but is not limited to, raw onion on your Subway, on your grody little White Castle Burger, on your salad bar, on your homemade dish, ANYTHING!  I would pretty much support any politician (via my vote, not my money) who promised to enact such legislation, as long as he signed an "IOU" with his or her own blood.
 
(On a related yet separate note, I just spent around 4 minutes removing the diced raw red onion from the concoction I bought at Plum Market for lunch. For those of you not in the know, Plum Market is the place you go when you have tons and tons of cash, a bedroom full of cash with a large King size bed in which you roll around in the cash. Because obviously paying $11 for a small container of food from the salad bar area is no big deal to you. I am not one of those people, I have just learned. Hey, can I borrow $11?)
 
I know the paranthesis has ended, but another thing about Plum Market, slightly redeeming, is the free samples. Free samples of cheese (don't judge if I took three), free samples of nacho chips with spinach dip, free samples of their body wash/shampoo/face cream make me feel like a hoarder, but day-um.  $11 for a pint of thai noodle salad from the salad bar?!?!   I'm clearly not getting over this anytime soon.

No comments: