Wednesday, July 6, 2005

You'd think that since I haven't posted in a while, I must be doing Really Important Things, or Really Cool Things, or Really [insert adjective other than 'boring'] Things, but alas, I have been doing Really Boring Things.

A list, in short:

-work
-sleep
-poop
-work
-sleep
-poop

Although, sometimes it goes like this:

-work
-poop
-sleep
-poop
-work
-sleep.

See how I mix it up there? Yeah, variety is the spice of life, and if you have enough spice, there will be pooping.

Henyway. Hokay. So, for real... I can't tell you what I've done since May 25, or whenever that last post was. I saw a play staring a friend of a friend (and his bf). I developed a mini-crush on a guy I met through a friend of a friend, although that was a huge bust (as I come to find he has a girlfriend. How? It could have been the "I love my girlfriend" shirt he was wearing... very well could have been that). I also had dinner with a friend and her friends. Notice a trend? I've been socially loafing. I've been reading, learning, freckling; swimming, Woodside-ing, sleeping. Bitching, lying (around), breathing, moping, realizing, writing. You know, the usual.

I have stuff written that I need to post but I keep on forgetting to, and I will for another two weeks. It's kind of been a summer like that. For example: early April, I went to the library and checked out some "books on CD" because I was getting tired of the radio during my hour in the car every day. Well, I had them checked out for 3 week. The time was up, I had listened to them, and I was too damn lazy to take them back, so I renewed online. Another three weeks pass. I am in Birmingham (home of the library) several times, and do not return. Lazy. Lindsay. Then start the late fees. You know how libraries are really lame and charge you like 15 cents a day for late fees? And that makes you wonder why they charge them at all, cuz what are they going to do with the 90 cents you pay them for returning them 2 days late? Well, if you are late returning them for, say, OVER A MONTH, you will rack up a hefty fee. THAT'S why they charge late fees, for lazy motherfuckers like myself.

Bad story, I know. But I'm too lazy to go back and edit.

Sad things: family friends dying, miscarriages, wars.

Happy things: weddings, puppies, hot bodies, sweating and swaying in rhythm to the music. [Cue techno beat, and/or hot-bodies-dancin' type music]

To do list summer 2k5: hot bodies, Plans, homework (both kinds); convert to Scientology, make out with a closeted gat famous movie star, make millions of dollars; win an award, make a speech, be inspired. It's July.

I want a popsicle.

No comments: