Thursday, January 31, 2008

Work Woes

So, they moved the printer at work.  The printer now resides outside of my cubicle, which in a way is a blessing as it helps disguise noises*, but at the same time is a curse as it brings a constant stream of people standing right outside my cube.
 
With my computer monitor strategically placed directly perpindicular to the entrance to my cube, it takes just a step to the left for a person to see my screen.  Seeing my screen is unacceptable.
 
Now, of course, I can't spend my days surfing non-stop as it's inevitable that people come in and out of my cube for work related things.  Hence the "hover over the X" technique in which you surf the web with your mouse always hovered on the X to close your window and your finger poised for action.
 
But people are at the printer NON-STOP, no joke, and that's just not a way to live, CONSTANTLY on guard.   Well, I guess I'll get more work done around here now! 
 
 

No comments: