Wednesday, December 8, 2004

I haven't written anything good on here in a lonnnnng time. I'm three days shy of my undergrad diploma, and am in need of a poignant, looking-back type of post, and like, well, everything else in my life, I have very good intentions without actually delivering.

It kind of reminds me of the one time I kind of sort of maybe dated someone in college. I'm not sure if that is what was going on, but it sort of felt like it was, if you consider living in different states and talking on the phone every once in a while and seeing each other maybe twice over a one month period and maybe making out 'dating'. I had very good intentions of trying to be more, I don't know, giving? open? not so fucking emotionally closed off. But good intentions mean shit if you don't act on them.

It also reminds me of the one time in college when I wanted to, say, succeed. This could have taken on many different forms, including but not limited to: passing my classes, having healthy social relationships, giving back to my community, saying no to drugs, and/or calling my parents to tell them I loved them more often. And while, yet again, I had good intentions of doing said successful things, I just couldn't bother myself to get up off the couch and get 'er done.

Which then leads me to my last point, where upon I graduate college and move out into the real world and start my adult life and become independent once and for all and live the life I've always imagined and stay out on school nights and let go of inhibitions and tell people how I feel and stop being scared and be fabulous and eat and drink and be merry and all. And while I still have three days until I find out if I, like clockwork, am all talk with no walk, I hope that the rule of three won't apply to me here. (Although, this is just my third example in a merely trite blog. My real life experiences of being generally lazy and lackluster far exceed three examples.)

I do promise, though, a college post somewhere sometime will be written. If not for the public's eye, then at least for a few of you. I'm not promising you a rose garden, though.

No comments: