Monday, June 17, 2002

the problem with not saying something to piss someone off is not saying something that will get you somewhere with the person. hmmm, i'll try and explain this a little: say you and a couple of friends are hanging out with some other not-so-close friends. aquaintances, have you. so let's say you remain plesant, never saying anything that will piss everyone off, so everyone thinks you're nice and a decent human being. but then on the same note, while your friend over there is being brash and, yeah, maybe saying something that offends someone, at least when you part they will remember that. whereas, you will be a background object. like extras in a movie, you know they're there, but you don't pay attention to them. if you don't say something that is at all risky, then you will be the extra. nothing ventured, nothing gained. that is my saying of the moment, not quite my mantra, seeing as how i don't quite live by it, but i love it all the same. i'm entitled to that. guster and john mayer announced they added more tour dates, some of which are after i get back home, anyone up for a roadtrip to, say, nashville? let me know. haha. so on my one day off in the course of 10 days, i am waking up at the butt-crack of dawn (like 6:45) to go see the red wings parade. go wings. i'm not really in the mood to go right now, but i'm sure waking up early in the morning will get me pumped. i never quite know if the sarcasm i use in my head is accurately portrayed on paper (monitor?) but i don't really care that much. i'm going to go sleep on my bed, which has about 4 times too much stuff on it, including my dorm sheets (all washed don't worry) and 2 down comforters, and all of these nasty clothes i am giving to goodwill (why though? why give poor people my nasty clothes, i'm such a bitch), and books, and other shit that inhibits my comfortable sleep. so that's where i'll be. in case you need to find me, invade my dreams. i'll see you there.

No comments: