Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Hope They're Not BANKING On It (aka: Dumb Play On Words)

Funny Story:  So I recently got married (see: all posts below) and have gone through the process of legally changing my name. How old-fashioned!  With my new drivers license and social security card in hand, I call up my bank to ask them what documents I need to bring in order to change my name with my bank.  I’ve made that mistake too many times (wait in line at Secretary of State, only to have the wrong document in hand!) so I want to be prepared this time.  I pick up the phone.

 

“Hi, I’d like to know what documents I need to bring with me to change my name on my bank account?”

 

“Yes ma’am, not a problem, we can take care of that for you.  All you need to do is stop by the branch, bring ID, and your divorce papers.”

 

OUCH!

 

No comments: